Making Money Online: Mypoints

I've taken the last week to kick back and relax. I haven't had a vacation in since the summer breaks where I didn't work in college. That was years ago, so it's been nice to take it easy. It's also been nice to get $50 in free gas by redeeming my points for a gas card from MyPoints so I can take a little road R&R. I've been looking at my reward programs recently and decided to start a series reviewing some of them for those of you who are not already getting rewarded for your everyday activities.

As you can see, that's actually my account. I've got $10 left after redeeming a $50 gas card. Not bad!

MyPoints.com Overview

MyPoints is an online program that allows you to redeem your points for merchandise, gift cards, paypal cash, and charity donations. You accumulate points by doing online shopping, receiving e-mails, doing surveys, and completing special offers. I originally signed up to get even more benefit out of online shopping and have used it primarily for that reason since. I generally click through the e-mails, but have found some great unexpected deals there too. For example, I always file my taxes online. This year, I used a click through for my tax prep and earned 1,000 points for something I was going to do anyways. They also have a new store where you can buy gift cards for yourself or as gifts and earn points. Most programs won't allow you to earn points by buying gift cards, so this is a huge bonus and really sets it apart.

I've been a members since May of 2006, so I can report with some authority on the program. My favorite way to redeem points is for gas cards, but I have occasionally redeemed them for shopping at other retailers. Since I became a member, I have never had a problem receiving my points or gift cards. They are always delivered on time and customer service is friendly and prompt.

Earn Bonus Points

If you are interested in signing up, go to mypoints.com. Or if you'd like to earn bonus points, contact me through social media or leave a comment and I will send you an invite. By clicking through the invite, you earn 750 bonus points simply for making a $20 purchase which is roughly a $5 reward. Easy peasy and you're on your way to getting more bang for your buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment