Winks 5-8-13

Winks are Wednesday link round-ups of all my favorite reading over the last week to get you over your mid-week slump. Check out the links below for some great reading about improving yourself and your business.




Recently, I've been delving into the world of InDesign at work, trying to figure out how it works and make mini how-to's to get the marketing department up to speed quickly. As I was shuffling through the beginning pages of an old manual, I realized that this would be a great skill for a resume.

In fact, upon review I had several systems under my belt that I had been using for years - things that I have seen employers ask for specifically on job applications. It reminded me that I needed to update my resume by removing irrelevant items and replacing it with a skills section. Not only does my resume look better and more accuratley show my knowledge base, but I also reminded myself that I am more than capable of learning new programs quickly to benefit myself and my co-workers. What are you doing that shows your skills in a new light?

No comments:

Post a Comment